Countdown to training camp: Will Dolphins get multi-year deal done with Landry before regular season starts?| Analysis – Miami Dolphins News

Countdown to training camp: Will Dolphins get multi-year deal done with Landry before regular season starts?| Analysis – Miami Dolphins News

Editor’s note: With the start of Dolphins’ training camp 10 days away, the Sun Sentinel takes a look at the team’s top storylines in a 10-part series. Today, Omar Kelly tackles whether the Dolphins and wide receiver Jarvis Landry will agree to terms on a new contract by the start of the regular season.

Cameron Wake, Reshad Jones and Kiko Alonso got new deals from the Miami Dolphins this offseason, providing each financial security.

And Andre Branch, Kenny Stills and Jermon Bushrod got re-signed to lucrative deals.

The Dolphins have gone out of their way to make sure everyone in the organization has been taken care of contractually — all except Pro Bowl receiver Jarvis Landry.

Even though Miami’s front office and coaches openly acknowledge that Landry’s one of the offense’s top playmakers, and one of the Dolphins’ best leaders, the homegrown talent hasn’t received an offer to extend his contract, according to a source.

Landry, who caught 94 passes for 1,136 yards and four touchdowns last season, is scheduled to make $893,850 this season, which makes him 107th highest-paid receiver in the NFL.

Numerous Dolphins backups like Sam Young are scheduled to earn more this season than Landry, the Dolphins’ most promising draftee since Mike Pouncey.

Miami’s executives said locking up Landry long-term was amongst the team’s top priorities this offseason, but their words haven’t been backed up with action so far.

Landry said he won’t discuss an extension after the regular season begins on Sept. 10, so the Dolphins have…

click here to read the rest of this story

Share this post

Post Comment