CLEVELAND, Ohio — A probable cause affidavit filed with the indictment charging the brother of Browns receiver Corey Coleman in a New Years Eve attack says the player took part in the beating. But Coleman himself is not charged in the encounter at his downtown Cleveland condo that left a man unconscious and bleeding in a parking garage stairwell.
His brother, Jonathan Coleman, a 25-year-old former Kansas State University football player, and Jared Floyd, 24, both of Dallas, Texas, are charged with felonious assault, a second-degree felony.
The indictment handed up Tuesday by a Cuyahoga County grand jury only charges Jonathan Coleman and Floyd. However, a probable cause affidavit says all three men attacked the 26-year-old man.
Jonathan Coleman and Floyd are scheduled for arraignment on July 5.
Corey Coleman’s attorney, Kevin Spellacy, previously told cleveland.com that Coleman had nothing to do with the fight. Spellacy did not immediately return a message seeking comment Tuesday.
Court records do not list an attorney for Jonathan Coleman or Floyd.
Cuyahoga County Prosecutor’s spokeswoman Kathleen Caffrey said the investigation is on-going.
Jonathan Coleman and Floyd are accused of attacking the man on Dec. 31 in the lobby of Coleman’s downtown Cleveland condo at the Pinnacle Condominiums on West Lakeside Avenue.
The man, Adam Sapp of Mayfield Heights, said in a phone interview with cleveland.com that he never saw Coleman hit him.
Sapp was getting on the elevator when an argument broke out between him and several men who were getting off the elevator, police reports say. Sapp said the fight was…
click here to read the rest of this story